Software Development Kit
BitFlow Software Development Kit
Supporting all BitFlow frame grabbers, BitFlow's Software Development Kit (SDK) allows imaging application developers to take full advantage of the host computer's capabilities. Development libraries provide hardware access and display functions. Working example applications, complete with MS Visual C++ source code, enable developers to quickly demonstrate BitFlow's products and subsequently integrate them into their applications. The SDK supports the robust multitasking and multiprocessing performance benefits of Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10. The Common Camera Interface Library (Ci) allows for seamless integration with all of BitFlow's products. In addition, the high level Buffer management library (BufIn) makes the task of writing an asynchronous, multiple host buffer application trivial.
There are two versions of the SDK: the full development version and the drivers only version. For more information see the Drivers Only link.
- BiFlow - Sequence capture application using our new BufIn API
- Circ - Circular buffer management application
- BayView - Bayer Filter Color viewing application
- R2/Rv/R2CL/R64/Ci/BiSimple - console based applications
- CiView - Real-time display application*
- BiProcess - Real-time processing application
- SysReg - System configuration utility*
- CamVert - Camera configuration file editor
- CamEd - Interactive Camera configuration file editor*
- CiBench - tests PCI DMA throughput capabilities of the host computer*
- BFCom - HyperTerminal-like application allowing direct access to a Camera Link camera through the board's serial port
- New for 6.3: BitFlow Preview - an updated version of CiView with a refreshed GUI and more support for different bit depths*
* Indicates applications included in driver-only installations. The remaining applications are available through the one-time purchase of our SDK.
The BitFlow API is broken into tiers. User applications can access any tier: higher levels offer more functionality with fewer calls while lower levels offer custom control of the board.
- Buffer Interface (BufIn): Supports high-level buffer management.(more info)
- Camera Interface level (Ci): Gives applications a common view of the Axion, Alta, Cyton, Neon, Karbon, R64, R3, and Road Runner (and therefore access to all of the supported analog, digital and Camera Link cameras). Allows the user to control multiple frame grabber boards simultaneously.
- Low-level interface: Provides the most direct access to board control and status registers and memory. This level fully exposes the board's architecture to the user, something not available in many competing products.
The BitFlow SDK supports Windows 2000/Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 on Intel-compatible PC platforms. All BitFlow libraries are native, 32-bit/64-bit implementations directly supported by Microsoft Visual C++ or Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010/2012. However, they are all callable from Win32-compliant programming languages or applications. Contact BitFlow for additional operating systems support.
Drivers are available for off-the-shelf image processing packages such as A&B Software's ImageWarp, MVTec's HALCON, Cognex's VisionPro and AIK, Stemmer Imaging's Common Vision Blox, Media Cybernetics' Image Pro PlusTM, National Instrument's LabView, The Mathworks MATLAB, and IO Industries' Video Savant. See the 3rd party software page for the latest drivers.
- Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 drivers and DLLs
- Asynchronous, interrupt-driven, multitasking, multi-threaded operation
- C/C++/C# 32-bit interface for 32-bit version of Windows
- C/C++/C# 64-bit interface for 64-bit version of Windows
- 32-bit applications are supported on 64-bit Windows
- Acquisition event (e.g. end of frame, end of DMA, loss of sync) notification via non-polling interrupt signals
- High-level API supports complete setup and acquisition with less than 10 function call, low level API supports total control of the camera interface and includes sophisticated line rate and exposure time control
- Very low latency DMA reset code that allows for tight spacing of continuous variable-size imaging targets
- Complete API error tracking system, with all error message destinations under full program control
- Support for building DMA chains of host buffers that are automatically filled during acquisition
- Full observability of the board's current state: line number, maximum line number (for variable size images), acquisition state, trigger status, etc.
- Camera configuration and test utilities
- Example applications with source code for viewing, processing, buffer management, and sequence acquisition
- Extensive built-in diagnostics to assist during support incidents
New SDK Version 6.30!
BitFlow SDK 6.30 has been released. It can be download from the link below. This new release supports Axion-CL. This release has been undergoing Beta testing for quite some time and passed all internal and external testing systems. This SDK supports all BitFlow currently support frame grabbers, from the Road Runner (released in 1996) right up to the brand new Aon-CXP (released in 2017). This release also supports Windows 10. Go to our Downloads page to get this latest SDK.
Get the SDK
Click here to go to our Customer Support Files page and get access to our downloads.